Our first meeting of 2022 is PARTICIPATORY!!.
The evening will be structured around a photo tour of the 2021 field trip season, emphasizing specimens collected. We’ll tap into our collective knowledge to understand the sites and fossils found.
- Review the list below of sites/formations visited in 2021,
- Dive into your collection and select a few corresponding fossils (many of you have visited these sites/formations over the years!),
- Accept the Zoom meeting notice sent to paid VicPS members, and
- Show up, share the specimens and knowledge you’ve collected over the years, and help identify specimens.
Field Trip participants, please have your specimens on hand for show and tell.
List of VicPS 2021 Field Trip Locales:
- Muir Creek – Sooke Formation
- Northwest Bay – Pender (?) Formation
- Chemainus River – Haslam Formation
- Stephenson’s Point – Comox Formation
- Ladysmith – Thicke Road area (Upper Comox (?), Lower Haslam (?)
See you Wednesday at the Zoom meeting!