When: 8:00AM, Sunday, August 22, 2021
Where: A benefit of membership is the email describing this trip.
Fossils: Fossils that may be found are:
- Ghost shrimp claws – Callianassa
- Bivalve – Inoceramus
- Heteromorph Ammonite – Eubostrychoceras elongatum, mostly fragments and Glyptoxoceras subcompressum
- Planispiral Ammonites – Epigoniceras epigonum, Hauriceras gardeni and Gaudriceras striatum
- Nautiloid – Eutrephoceras campbelli
- Lobster carapace – Linuparis, up to 6-8 cm
- Limpet – Capulus corrugatus (uncommon)
- Gastropod – Tessarolax distorta (rare)
- Flora – unidentified leaves
Directions: Meet at Helmcken Park & Ride at 9:00 am to arrange carpooling.
Equipment: Minimal collecting equipment includes a geological hammer, chisel and safety equipment (gloves and goggles — safety helmet advisable). Footwear should be suitable for wading and walking on wet stones. Bring water, a lunch, and gas money if you’re carpooling. Sun protection may be warranted, too.